In search of the shot


I've been back in the desert for a while now, and while the mercury is threatening to reduce us into liquid form I'am adamant as ever that there are images yet to be captured.
During the summer months the hostility of the weather here is immensely dramatic, but what constantly beckons me to the outdoors is its unspoiled beauty. The landscape in certain areas is treacherous, yet adds volumes to the final image and as a photographer I'am a sucker for an image like no other.
Donning some loose clothing and accompanied by what I thought was a sufficient supply of water I set out to find what I was looking for. I think its fair to say that I came back thoroughly exhausted, bordering on dehydration yet extremely satisfied.
This was shot inside the depths of a wadi while waiting for the last bit of the summer light to fade. Let me know if it captivates you as much as it did me.









2 comments:

  1. What really makes this stand out is the minimal amount of colour. Fantastic capture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit partial towards images like this and I'm glad you like it Jason.Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete