The Evening glow


The summer is well and truly here. Forty two degrees in the shade. You're thinking Fahrenheit. I'm talking Celsius. Ouch is right! Don't worry, I'm typing this seated in a cozy chair surrounded by conditioned air that's nearly twenty degrees cooler.

No matter where I'am I thrive on being able to capture images. Unfortunately in this kind of weather that was like asking to go on a date with a heat stroke. Such a shame. I obviously had to give in to nature and wait it out till the mercury dropped. Basically this meant having to stay indoors till about late evening. Once the environment was comfortable I was back on my feet scouting for opportunities. Living near the beach completely simplified the decision and off I went.
One a few occasions I walked past a bunch of dense weedy undergrowth. Not giving it much attention I chose to use it as a prop in my bigger picture of the surroundings. The resulting image was bland. I needed something of substance, something that spoke to the viewer and gave them the sense of a vibrant image. Getting a little closer I noticed how the weeds possessed a beautiful texture that really shone when hit by the sun at the right angle. I decided to exploit this and make the weeds my actual subject. Crouching right next to it I fired away, maintaining the fast evading sun in the background. Every now and again I'am left surprised by how a certain not-so-interesting subject can actually make an image pop. This was one of those moments.
Let me know what you think.



5 comments: