Challenging the odds


As photographers, no matter where we venture we always hope and pray that the odds are in our
favour. Quite often experience teaches us otherwise. The wonderful thing about this, is that moments like these can produce some divine results.

The last time I went home I took a trip to the hills, swam in some gorgeous rivers and hiked up some fabulous mountains. I shot a whole load of images, one of which was particularly hard.
Just as I was done composing this image the mist came in from no where and engulfed my background, bringing with it a blue haze. I waited patiently until some of it cleared, but then I thought that I could use this to my advantage and decided to create something different. What initially seemed like a lost cause turned out to be a surreal image.I absolutely love this place and I can't wait to go back. This image is my take on how some challenges can also be rewarding. I hope you like it.

Ramboda Falls, Sri Lanka

2 comments: