Standing still


Weekends minus the outdoors has always been a no-no for me. I can easily get lost in my own enjoyment so keeping a packed camera bag with a fresh battery and memory card has forever come in handy. Decide, Drive and Arrive! Easy as that. Ok, maybe the deciding part isn't so easy when you have a whole host of locations to choose from. Either way on this particular trek into a 'wadi' in Oman I was greeted by a surreal stillness. Not even the slightest breeze.

I wanted to capture how the harsh light from the sun ignited the texture in the mountainous background, simultaneously reflecting a beautiful light on the rock in the left of the image. Precariously balancing on a boulder this image would not have been possible without my trusty three legged friend, a.k.a 'the tripod.' It's times like these that I thank myself for lugging around all my gear.



Wadi Shab- Oman


No comments:

Post a Comment