Let down by colour! - Part 2


Welcome to part 2. Now if you cheated and looked at the image before you read this, my guess is that you were left pleasantly surprised. Surely this isn't something I would shoot on an ordinary day. You know what? You're right!
Seldom do I find myself bored out of my mind. But when I do, I hate it. This was shot while waiting for a client inside a hotel lobby. I had to do something to keep myself busy while I waited, so I decided to shoot the lilies sitting on the table in front of me. If you know your flowers, then you're no stranger to that lilies are simply gorgeous. This bunch was no different

My primary idea was to isolate one flower and make it fill the frame as much as possible. However, right from the first shot I knew there was something wrong. As satisfied as I was with the composition I wasn't sensing anything from the image. There really was too much going on with all the colour. Basically, it was too busy an image. Since I didn't have the time to post process in black and white I set the camera to capture minus the colour and shot again. The difference was worlds apart. I personally feel that it dramatizes the image just enough to keep the audience focused. Really nothing more that I could have asked for.
I'd love to hear what you think.



12 comments:

  1. I really think you should include flowers in your 'genre'. This is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a first Carlos. Thanks for your input. I shall definitely consider it.

      Delete
  2. Killer shot! I should try more of my pictures in black and white. Thanks for the inspiration man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. Yes, you could. Sure thing. I'm stoked that I was the source.

      Delete
  3. Great shot saleem its moody but striking at the same time; emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great b&w with this one. Brings out the flower so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You knew exactly what settings to choose to capture the image you wanted, which shows your expertise in this field. Not only are you an excellent photographer, but you're a great narrator as well, always ensuring that every picture you capture has a story behind it. It makes your blog an interesting and captivating read. Keep it up my bestie! Much love :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dibs, I'm stoked about your opinion. I'm trying ever so hard to get this going in the direction I anticipated. Comments such as yours and many others keep me motivated and your feedback is much appreciated. I definitely will and thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. This image is the equal to a home run in baseball! Honestly breath taking:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whooaa Liam. I can't believe you said that. Haha. Thank you ever so much.

      Delete